While plastic surgery is a great option for some consumers wanting to remove unwanted fat, not everyone can allow for the postoperative downtime the procedures involve. Likewise, anesthesia may be a problem for some. Others simply may not want to go an invasive route. Sadly, exercise with a heavy amount of fatty tissue can actually make problem areas appear worse as deeper layer muscles develop and begin to push fat outward. Don’t be discouraged if you find yourself in this predicament. CoolSculpting may be an ideal option.
What Is CoolSculpting?
Prior to 2010, liposuction was about the only option to consumers wanting to rid themselves of unwanted fat and contour their bodies. Today, CoolSculpting has over 6,000 procedures performed worldwide.
Harvard scientists Dieter Manstein, MD and R. Rox Anderson, MD discovered the idea behind CoolSculpting, called cryolipolysis, as they were studying a group of children eating popsicles. The kids got dimples in their cheeks. The scientists were able to determine the reasoning for the dimpling was because the cold from the frozen treat was freezing and killing fat cells in the cheeks.
CoolSculpting is a cryolipolysis technology that requires no downtime, no surgery or invasive processes, and no anesthesia. It’s an innovative procedure that safely delivers precise, controlled cooling directly to the skin to effectively and gently attack the underlying fat cells. The skin itself is left completely unaffected while fat cells are frozen, die, and then are eliminated through natural biological processes. The results are long-term because the treated fat cells simply are no longer there.
Can CoolSculpting Help Get Rid Of Difficult Fatty Areas?
CoolSculpting works wonders on those stubborn areas like muffin tops, love handles, and double chins that are almost impossible to target with diet alone.* Men, who stereotypically have more dense fat cells in the stomach area, may particularly have a problem with the stomach area responding to diet and exercise alone. That’s where CoolSculpting comes into play.
*Individual Results May Vary
The FDA has cleared CoolSculpting to treat eight stubborn fat areas:
- Inner Thighs
- Outer Thighs
- Upper Arms
The best way to learn about CoolSculpting and its fat-killing effects is to schedule a consultation with a provider that meets the following criteria:
- Offers CoolSculpting technology.
- Has advanced training in cryolipolysis.
- Has proven experience in CoolSculpting.
- Provides a friendly, holistic, thorough, and compassionate approach to non-surgical weight loss.
During the consultation, you will discuss your weight loss goals and expectations with Dr. Gladstone to ensure they’re reasonable, safe, and healthy goals. Dr. Gladstone will also examine your past medical history and provide a step-by-step guide on the CoolSculpting procedure. Together, you and Dr. Gladstone will decide if CoolSculpting is the right option.
Your doctor will then advise you on what to expect on treatment day. Here are some key points:
- Most patients only need one treatment to reach their fat loss goals.
- It’s a relaxed setting where many patients sleep or use handheld devices to work or entertain themselves.
- Normal activities and work may resume immediately following the procedure.
- The CoolSculpting procedure usually takes between an hour to three hours to complete. It mostly depends on where and how much fat is being removed.
- The aftereffects are generally mild and include mild redness, swelling, irritation, and discomfort.
- Results are long-term and are usually evident after three weeks, but results may continue to be evident for the next few months.*
Dr. Hayes Gladstone is a trained, experienced CoolSculpting provider who understands that such decisions are very personal. Dr. Gladstone is ready to provide you with all the insight on CoolSculpting you need to make a personalized, informed decision about your fat loss goals and CoolSculpting.
*Individual Results May Vary